Markup Calculator is used to calculate the Markup Value of an item or service which is a ratio between it's cost and selling price.
- Markup Percentage:
- What does Markup Percentage mean?
- Markup percentage is the proportion of total cost represented by profit. It is a concept used in managerial or cost accounting work. It is equal to the difference between the selling price and cost of a product, divided by its cost.
Markup % = (selling price – cost) / cost x 100
Where the markup formula is dependent on:-
- Selling Price = the final sale price
- Cost = the cost of the good
The cost of a product is $100, and then the selling price with a 25% markup would be $125. Then by applying the above formula:-
- Markup % = ($125 – $100) / $100x 100
- =0.25 or 25%
- May 15, 2018
- Tool Launched