Earnings per Share Calculator is used to calculate the earnings per share (abbreviated as EPS)
- Earnings Per Share:
- What does Earnings per share or EPS mean?
- Earnings per share (EPS) are the portion of a company's profit allotted to each outstanding share of the common stock.
- Importance of Earnings per share or EPS
- EPS is an important financial measure, the one which serves as an indicator of a company's profitability. It can be easily calculated by dividing the company's net income by its total number of outstanding shares.
- Earnings Per Share = Net Earnings / Outstanding Shares
- Suppose the company's net earnings for the previous year was $10,000 and the number of shares outstanding is 1000, which equals an EPS of 10, then according to the formula ($10,000 / 1000 = 10).
- May 18, 2018
- Tool Launched